Today one wanted to offer the Villain Standards one employs for your considered review, and then propose two new standards for addition to the list. Villains may choose to adhere to these standards, appear to adhere to these standards, or deny them as you see fit. The two new standards will be;
11) Professionalism: Villains will not seek to exploit the personal names and information of others. This activity while attractive, leads inevitably to stalking, harassment, and fear mongering. We shall be more than this.
12) Trust: Your secrets are your own. Choose carefully who you share them with, and know that you are responsible for what is known.
The rest of the Villain Standards are as follows;
1) The Law: We hold ourselves to a high standard. We will not break laws, bring harm to others or incite others to do so.
2) Respect: Villains will show respect to each other, and expect that same respect in turn.
3) Comportment and Courtesy: Villains are not crude brawlers. We are cultured, educated, talented, and refined. We will strive to maintain our composure, and demonstrate courtesy to any villain, as we would expect the same in fashion returned to us.
4) Resolve: By the power of your will, to bend the world to your vision.
5) Industry: Strive to find, seek to break, the Superhero, that they may become stronger for the challenge.
6) Individuality and Style: Villains have a fine tradition to call upon. However, we are all free to make of ourselves what we will. Do not copy the work of others. Be the Villain you were meant to be.
7) Speak only for yourself, and for no others, unless you have been designated to do so. What you create is yours, what you share belongs to all.
8) Minions, Henchmen, and your Lair: You are responsible to discipline those who work for you. Don't let a bad apple bring down the greater work your organization does.
9) Humor: Keep in mind the Big Picture. If you aren't having fun, or making others miserable, it may be time to take a step back. When that happens, your peers, or even your sworn adversaries can assist you in understanding.
10) Listen to your colleagues, and learn from them: We grow by amassing knowledge.
If there are other Standards, or improvements to these standards, your input is valued and requested.
Villain Virtues, including "The Almighty Shill" are another topic all together,