The Order of Malignance
Greetings and Lamentations, I AM Lord Malignance and you WILL Crouch! before me Now.
(Villains excepted of course)
One has seen Villainous groups rise, and more continue to rise. Each in their turn eschews rules and a Code, and each later comes to regret their mistake. It's happened here in the Blogverse, and it's happening in Facebook now. Groups find that the desire to be villains and to not bend a knee to anyone, is at it's heart our nature, but neglect to know that without rules to break, villains will indulge excesses which bring harm to their organization.
One sees Villains, villains, MetaVillains, supervillains, Class 3 Supervillains, -RLSV, Henchmen with Airs, and minions, all looking for leadership. They want acknowledgement and inclusion in something they don't completely understand, and want that from Villains who have become established over time. One is very selective in choosing who One will associate with, and even more so with bestowing worthiness, and lastly fiercely choosy about who One will befriend. Trust takes time, it does if it is to mean anything. Facebook is a gamble because the wording to associate is "Friend" when such is hardly ever the case.
One does not seek leadership (in truth, the workload in my own organization is fearsome enough as it is), but One does support Villainous groups. It causes me no harm if any Villainous group becomes quite successful, for One enjoys Villainy and would see it flourish. As we all should be thinking and acting. That said, "villains" who are heroes playing a role to diminish Villainy by their actions and associations should be Found and Purged. One hopes my meaning is clear.
Villains want and seek my approval, as they rightly seek this from other Villains who are established Forces within the greater community of Evil. They seek the "Challenge of Worthiness", and One has not always been clear in defining what One expects from Villains who wish my favor. One has capitulated with cries of "You can't tell anyone anything" and allowed Villainy to suffer by my silence.
SO, One is specifying the qualities One believes make a villain a Villain, worthy of my Faith, Trust, and Respect, and inclusion in my Peerage. More, this Path of Worthiness leads to bestowment of Ordo Malignus - the "Order of Malignance". A lifetime achievement award if you will - the "Oscar" of Villainy.
Inclusion will be rare. Truthfully, if there are no worthy Villains found in years and this award not bestowed, then there will be none. One has respected quality over numbers, always.
Selection will be by private nomination. None may seek this for themselves. The nomination will be accepted by my Email, where you may make your argument for their inclusion. My email is and always has been private, you will know it's contents are never revealed. The selection will involve evaluation, and the opinions of trusted confidants may be sought out. When there have been no less than 6 Villains with this honor bestowed upon them, we will have a vote the six and myself, and we will elect from this body a new caretaker of the program. One will NOT take the honor myself, until it might be bestowed upon me by others.
What are the Requirements then?
1) You must have character. "Bob Jones" is no Villain, no Name to achieve greatness by. It is commonplace and unacceptable to achieve a Legendary Status.
2) You must have an established body of work, a history, the fear of heroes and/or the respect of Villains. No Villain with less than a year's worth of effort will be considered worthy of this acknowledgement.
3) You must have a demonstrated commitment to Protect Villainy and Support its Members.
4) You must contribute to the Culture of Villainy, either by your work in creation, or by your work to wrack heroes.
5) You will not play games of Seduction and Betrayal to collect and use the private information of others. This is an unworthy practice, and brings harm to Villainy and potentially to Villains.
6) Simpering Yes-Men are by their natures unworthy. You have taken the Mantle of Villain: You have opinions, a mind, and a voice/keyboard to express yourself. You will never allow yourself to be enslaved, so stop crouching. You attempt to play players, and it is obvious, sycophantic, and unworthy in my eyes.
7) The Candidate must desire the inclusion in the Order. As secret societies have in the past, after selection, and before the bestowment, the candidate will be "tapped". Should they desire the honor, then a ceremony will be held, and the public acknowledgement made. They may decline, at no loss of respect or standing.
8) The Ordo Malignus is a Lifetime achievement award. Once bestowed, it may not be taken away.
9) Integrity to a Code, whatever that Code may be, as long as it is compatible with Villainy. You must be consistent to your purpose, though as you develop, your Villainy may and should change and grow, and this is expected and encouraged.
10) This Order is not restricted to Villains only, though by necessity, anyone else must meet these high requirements also. The Honor of the Order of Malignance is in the quality of it's membership.
11) Greater thresholds as the idea develops and as feedback is considered.
We Are Villains. We have always been the best, and now there is something to strive for. A challenge to be found worthy of. A recognition both rare and valuable. If you think you may one day be worthy of the First, and most Selective of acknowledgments, then you now have an objective. BE the best, strive to be worthy. Who will be the first?
Artwork and other nice things will be developed, should this move along well, and the overall presentation should be worthy of the candidates contributions to Villainy.
These qualifications are not biased except to favor Villainy. Anyone who claims to be a Villain can achieve these objectives, if they are serious, strive to make Villainy better, and desire the respect of their peers and Oneself.